Software Developer based in Edinburgh, Scotland
Experienced with full-stack web, mobile and desktop design & development. And a bit of C firmware.
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIMROSE - primrose.games
Building an online platform where users can create & experience games, music, art & video
Made a breakthrough in the modding scene for STAR WARS Battlefront II, allowing users to insert custom sound effects and music into EA Frostbite games.
- Took over development of firmware for double monochromator, implemented support for I2C to communicate with Tic Stepper Motor
- Added support for Tic Maestro Servo Controller
- Built desktop application to interface with monochromator and export data to Excel
- Updated an Excel Workbook module written in Visual Basic to implement support for COM data transfer and avoid dependency on legacy DLL.
- Redesigned company website with responsive, modern design.
National Physical Laboratory
- Developed an application to filter, compress and schedule upload of images to FTP server from test site in Namibia
University of Edinburgh School of GeoSciences
- Implemented features and fixes in a C++ MFC application for controlling motors on a calibration frame.
- Developed hybrid Android/iOS app to process and present data transferred over NFC from a veterinary blood-sampling instrument.
Edinburgh Napier University
BEng. Software Engineering
The Open University
Certificate of Higher Education (Mathematics, Computing & IT)